Sunday, January 3, 2010

We Wish You a Very New Year.

Hello Everyone, and welcome to 2010!

I don't know about you but I'm considering 2009 a fairly total wash and I'm excited to ditch those calendars and have the hopeful, charmingly naive blank pages of a new calendar cheering me on. GO TEAM!

I realize that, beyond posting photos of our tree, I did'nt mention much about Christmas. The short answer is, it was very nice. Mike, Donny and I went to Elyria for Christmas proper and got to hang out with my Mom, sister, Aunts and some favorite cousins. Mom told me on the phone last night that her sisters (known collectively as "The Aunts." Much like the mafia is known as, "The Mafia") told her how wonderful Donovan is and how he's talking and singing and is just so smart! Keep the adulation coming: I like it!

We came back to Pittsburgh and got to spend some time with Mike's family including Donny's Aunt Claire and Aunt Heather, who did us a solid by babysitting the boy one of the days he was off and I had to work. He's now enamoured of them and will look up from whatever he's doing and say, "Aunt Claire?" or "Aunt Heather?" He seems pretty sure they'll stop by to play with him again pretty soon...

Here are a few photos of the boy and some of his holiday loot. I'll leave out most of the details--today is my last day off before work and there is much to do in that sweet window of Donovan Naptime!

No comments: