Monday, December 15, 2008

Beadboard! Bias Tape! Wainscotting!

I am finishing my lunch hour with a quick entry. We were going to get the Christmas Tree last night but decided instead to get the house ready for the tree. That meant rearranging the front room, which has become Donovan’s unofficial playroom. I probably could have kept it simple and just moved the toybin from the window but, no, I rearranged one side of the room pretty drastically. I’m not sure how I feel about it but it is only for a couple of weeks, plus its to support the greater good of The Tree.

That little bit of rearranging, tho, is like the bug that bit me. As I cleaned up that room I also got together 3 grocery bags of books and a lawn bag full of clothes for Goodwill. HOORAY FOR GETTING USELESS THINGS OUT OF THE HOUSE! Our kitchen is slated for new ceiling/cabinets the 3rd week of January and, in the meantime, we need to get the damaged window replaced, plus pick out a floor and lighting.

Why am I at work? I could be sewing up new curtains or holding linoleum samples and paint samples together up to see how they look in both natural and indoor light.

Oh, wait: I’m at work so we can pay for some of this stuff.

Lunch Hour is now over…

No comments: