Friday, June 26, 2009

Jackpot!

Oh.

My.

GOD.

I have July 3 off from work and Donovan's daycare WILL be in session.

That means I have an ACTUAL DAY OFF WITHOUT THE KID.

I feel like I should be wearing a tiara and holding 3 dozen red American Beauty roses.

What to do, what to do, what to do? So many options:

* clothes shop
* wash the windows in the front room
* rearrange the front room which is still in its Make Room For The Christmas Tree configuration
* weed the garden plots and trim back the ivy from the old driveway
* cook up a storm
* bake fancy things that require a relatively large amount of attention
* see a movie
* find a date for cocktails in the afternoon

If you are getting ready to place your vote I should explain that the clothes shopping is not of the Girls Love To Shop! variety. Its more of the Oh My God I Only Own Work Clothes I Don't Want to Wear Work Clothes On The Week End variety.

Wow. An unadulterated day off! I love my kid but I cannot express how much I need this.

No comments: