Saturday, May 1, 2010

Fun at the Funeral Home

Happy Beltane, everyone!

I unwisely planned today to be the first official Day of Potty Training. I'll be polite and leave out details but I will say that the boy did pretty good.

That being said, potty training is not really a show you want to take on the road so we spent most of the lovely afternoon indoors. I figured after his nap he'd want to run around outside.

Not Donovan.

I'm not sure what was wrong but he woke up from his nap screaming and crying and it literally took an hour and a half (and two glasses of ovaltine) to calm him down.

Here is a list of all the things we missed out on today between potty training and post nap surliness:

* May Day Festivities at the Waldorf School
* Opening day of the Gargoyle Themed flowershow at Phipps
* Guerrilla Sunflower Seed Planting day at the Civic Center
* Big May Day parade RIGHT IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD.

Sigh.

I finally managed to manhandle my child into shorts and shoes, trundle him on a 54C and we met Mike at the Philly Steak place where Mike and I had sandwiches and Donovan ate fries and raisins and banana chips. Mother of the Year Award, here I come.

Things got better after the fries when we went across the street to Freyvogel Funeral Home to see the fountains. I love those fountains and so does my son. By the time we left, all was right with his world. Now he's in our bed with Mike, watching the prerequisite selection of Donny Videos on Mike's phone. Then he'll go to his bed and Mike and I will eat chips and dip, listen to the podcast of Wait Wait Don't Tell Me! and have a couple of drinks.

If that won't make the crops grow, I don't know what will...


No comments: