Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The End is Nigh

 When I went to pick up Donovan at school today I ran into one of the other mothers who warned me that Donny was sporting a cupcake icing moustache.  What she did'nt warn me was that it was blue:

 I can only imagine the recipe for the icing went something like this: 1cup butter, 4 cups confectioners sugar, 2 diesel truck loads of blue food coloring. 

We went to kill some time at the playground and at first I did'nt think it was going to go well.  Actual quote: "I don't want to play with any kids.  I want to play with ZERO KIDS."  I actually played hardball and told him he could'nt wear his Bad Guy ring (see photo above) if he was'nt going to be brave and play.    That got him started and, luckily, there were some older kids there that took him under their wing and played a strange game of catch with two foam rubber dice.  That was good to see. 

I should mention that, when I asked Donovan what made the cartoon character on his ring a Bad Guy, he explained, "He's bad because he doesnt say anything.  And he's naked."  Well, alright then.


All in all it turned out to be a nice time at the playground.  Tomorrow is the LAST DAY OF THE SCHOOL YEAR.  Yikes!


1 comment:

sheryl said...

Woah! how did you get him up on that slidey thing?!?!? he is usually terrified of it.
Guess our little man is growing up.