Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Lesson in Customer Service

A quick note before I write a longer entry with photos. Yesterday Mike had off of work so we decided it was time to buy the Major Appliances. Getting a new stove and dishwasher was surprisingly easy, thanks to Dennis at Sears in Monroeville. A couple of weeks ago, Mike and I had checked out the Scatch and Dent Sears Outlet in Lawrenceville and I was overwhelmed by the number of French Door with Freezer on the Bottom style refrigoraters that were within our price range. That was still the case when we went yesterday but the selection was much more limited. That and I saw the Fridge of My Dreams: this beautiful JennAir french door freezer on the bottom white with steel rod art deco handles. It would look SO GOOD in our kitchen! I was fully prepared to put $1500 on my Sears credit card just for looks. Mike had to pull me away. We went off board and got a stainless steel fridge, which is a great deal but does not look NEARLY French enough. Still, that's what magnets and postcards are for, right?

But here's your lesson in customer service: Don't assume the lady about to give you hundreds of dollars is a grandmother. Yep--I got it again: "That's right, honey! Run to Gramma!"

Face tattoos. I think face tattoos are my only option at this point.

No comments: