Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Hiding of Many Sins

Today, Sunday, has in no way been a day of rest. Today is the day we painted the new ceiling as the new floor is being installed tomorrow. We got the call about the floor last week and why I asked them to come on Monday, I'll never know. I was hoping to have all of our painting--walls and ceiling--done before the lovely new floor goes down.

In these rough times, its pretty disgusting of me to complain about how INCONVENIENT my BRAND NEW FLOOR is. So I'll shut the hell up.

That all being said, I was really loathing painting the ceiling. We had to prime it and then paint it and, in order to do so, we had to farm the kid out the grandparents. Mike is on his way over there now to get Donny and to pick up a Mineo's pizza because, as of 6:22 pm, the ceiling isn't done yet.

The good news, however, is that after priming the ceiling we had exactly enough primer left over for me to prime 3 of the 4 walls of the kitchen. THAT will save me TONS of time and frustration when I take my last two vacation days of this work calendar sometime this week to paint the walls. Or I'll take them next week. Sometime before March is over. Primer is fun to play with because it doesn't have to be perfect. Plus, being all thick and furiously white, once I slapped it on our dirty, tan Walls of Indeterminate Panelling Product, they looked 10x better. Much as I had to kick my sorry self into gear, the results are very satisfying.

Pictures will follow--Stay tuned!