Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Who Wants To Be A Muffinaire?


Well, I think I squandered a vacation day staying home with the boy. In my mind, "ear infection" means "miserable most of the day and really should'nt go outside." And while the kid was pretty clingy before his nap, by about 2pm it was obvious that he would have been fine at daycare today.

And I've taken a LOT of time off of work lately.

I decided that if I was going to be home with a basically well baby that I would try to get some house stuff done. That meant laundry, making vegetarian chili and making cupcakes. The cupcakes I made from scratch from a Hershey's recipe book that, as far as I know, has never let me down. I decided that Donny was old enough to watch, if not help.He liked playing with the whisk but he got a little to excitable when I tried to get him to handle the flour and sugar. He did alright with the cupcake papers, though.
Or maybe not:
Where I come from, the real reason you help your Mom with the baking is to lay unequivicable claim to the beaters. In this case, I thought the spatula would be easier to handle. Of course my son the Anti Sweettooth Kid had to have a fingerful of batter crammed between his clenched teeth before he would deign to try it. Once we broke that seal, however, he understood the situation and acted accordingly.




He's happier and eating better and is definately on the road to recovery. I'm going to attribute his recovery to cupcakes.

No comments: