Thursday, April 22, 2010

Shovelwhack!


The day before yesterday, Donny came home from school with a nasty bruise on his nose. Apparently one of the other kids was'nt watching what he was doing and Donny got whacked in the face with a shovel. A plastic shovel, mind you, but a shovel nonetheless. I had alot fun saying to him, "Maaaan--you look like you got hit in the face with a shovel!"

The odd thing is, when I picked him up from Waldorf the next day, one of his teachers met me at the gate with this very wide-eyed look on her face. "Everything that came out of Donovan's mouth today was a full sentence! 'I have raisins and banana chips for lunch,' 'No, its my turn now.' 'I want to turn out the lights.'" And my first thought was, "And all it took was a whack to the head with a shovel!"

I know that's not true but still. Joking aside, the full sentence thing is very exciting! Stay tuned for more word out the mouth of my babe.

No comments: