Friday, September 7, 2007

Gimme A Pigfoot and a Bottle of Beer

It occur ed to me today, as I sat in the breakroom eating Oreos and drinking a bottle of diet Coke, that its been awhile since anyone has told me how good I look for someone who has just given birth. The first couple of months after I had Donovan I ended up weighing less than I did before my pregnancy. People would say, "You look really good!" with the same inflection of a gossipy friend saying "Oh my God, are you serious?" Since then, the return of bad habits and the end of that superdooper breastfeeding metabolism seem to have caught up to me. Why am I posting this now when I should be getting ready to catch the bus to get my kid? I'm hoping that by "going public" I can help discipline myself to be more circumspect about what I eat, where I spend my money and just how much activity I need and get.

Won't that make for fascinating reading? I apologize in advance.

No comments: