Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Only Happy When It Rains

The evening of the 4th of July, we went to Mike's folks place for a cookout.  The weather held for a little while and then the skies opened and the rain poured down.  Donny and I were sitting on the porch and at first he seemed sort of freaked out by the thunder.  I don't know how I explained thunder to him but soon I had him High Fiving me everytime the thunder came.  Its so good to know that, reasonably soon, we will have a porch with a roof and everytime it rains, Donny and I can sit out there, count Mississippis when the lightning comes and High Five on the thunder.  Slowly, ever so slowly, I will impose my goth sensibilities on him.  This one was especially sweet as my Dad and I always sat out on the porch back home for thunderstorms.  And, might I say, Pennsylvania thunderstorms?  Refreshing, pleasant even, but no match for the grandeur of Northern Ohio

Next on the Goth Syllabus? Maybe a cemetery picnic...

No comments: