Friday, July 29, 2011

Random Selections

I've been keeping a running list of things to add to this blog and while part of me thinks its because Donovan is going thru a "talking phase" right now, I'm starting to think part of it is that I'm going thru a "listening stage."  Meaning, underemployed as I currently am, I have the time and attention span to listen to him and talk to him in ways that I havent really done before.  Chalk that one up under Big Advantage/Major Blessing
  • The night before last Donny was fussing and crying and fussing and crying when he should have been asleep.  Usually I wait for him to just go to sleep but he did'nt show any signs of slowing down.  I went up to check on him and he was inconsolable. I asked him what was wrong and after much crying and snuffling he said, "I wrote D-A-D in my bed."  "Why?  Do you miss Daddy?"  Mike was out with a friend from out of town that evening.  I tucked Donny back into bed, went downstairs, and the fussing started back up.  I was ready to let him work it out until he started saying, "Mama! Hold my hand, please!"  So up I went again and the kid was out of his bed standing by the window. "Mama, hold my hand, please! I'm waiting for Daddy."  Yep--kid was looking out the window towards Gooski's, waiting for his Dad to come home.  At 11:30 at night.
  • Last night I was in the office working and could hear from Donny's room next door: Thump, "Almost!" Thump, "Almost!"  I went in to check and the kid was laying on his bed with his stuffed animals strewn all around him.  His comment is the punchline, "I can only juggle 3 balls at a time!"
There are others I can't quite conjure up now but he's been alot of fun as of late.  Now I just need to figure out what he and I are going to do tonight when Mike works late.  Probably something involving the sprinkler.

No comments: