Thursday, March 13, 2008

Tough Times for Donovans


I got a call last night that my Dad is back in the hospital after two falls in that many days. Am I a bad daughter for not being more upset? After our last visit it was very clear that he needs more care than he can get at home and, while I know he hates being in the hospital, its best for him and for my Mom as well.

So I'm not a bad person, right?

As far as his namesake, things have been a bit dicey as well. This teething thing is pretty bad. Donovan's been so congested (a symptom of teething I had not known about before) that he's slept in his carseat for the past three nights. If we lay him down, it sounds like he's gargleing--so sad.

Tonight, Mike and I have tickets to go see "Wait, Wait! Don't Tell Me!" at the Benedum. Kirsten is up to babysit. I'll be curious to see how much fun I can have after I check in at home and also how sociable my boy will be after a full day of daycare and sore gums.

No comments: