Sunday, March 2, 2008

WHEW.


Want to know how to cheer up a couple of crabby octagenarians? Take their 11 month grandson to visit and let him play Monkey Bars on Granpa Donovan's walker.
Sometimes you know when a story is going to be retold and retold and retold and (PLEASE not AGAIN) retold. The Using the Walker as Monkey Bars will definately fall into that category.

The visit was'nt as dour and awful as I thought it would be. It was obvious everyone had had a rough week/month, but my Dad was much more with-it than I anticipated and my Mom seemed upbeat as well. It probably had alot to do with the boy--kind of hard to get an actual reading on the barometor with him around, if you know what I mean.

Still, tho: quite the relief.

I was going to take a photo of what's left of 7th Street, which is not much. Now when you look out my folks' kitchen window, you can see all the way to the High School's side entrance. It looks like it was built in the 1940s. Too bad they're going to knock that down too. Hmmmph.

No comments: