Saturday, September 26, 2009

Cha Cha Cha!

Today was supposed to be the day that I led a tour thru the cemetery that focused on Suffragettes. I pretty much busted ass to get it down on paper in time for the 2:45 tour time. That being said, here I sit, still in my pajamas, at noon. I woke up to the sound of rain and the rain is still coming down. It's really supposed to hit hard at about 3 so I cancelled the tour. The lady who won it at the charity auction was NOT HAPPY and I can't say I blame her but I hope she'll take me up on my offer to reschedule.

So instead of the inlaws coming over to entertain the boy its me and me alone. Maybe its because this week was so fraught or maybe its just the rain but I'm not the best toddler cruise hostess today. I just can't come up with anything to amuse him or myself. I did get out a couple of New Year's top hats to amuse him. It was 80% fun and 20% of me screaming in my head, OH MY GOD STOP CRINKLING THAT PLASTIC STOPITSTOPITSTOPIT!!! There was also a small percentage, probably part of the 20%, dedicated to sweeping up the glitter.


Now Donovan is in his crib for naptime and his Baa Baa Black Sheep just segued into Frere Jacques. Last night Mike washed the kids face, which the kid doesn't like. Ever since he was a little thing, Mike and I have sung a song to him while we wash his face to keep him from shrieking and last night, for the first time ever, he sang along! The best part is, the song is a very bouncy version of La Cucarocha that ends with a falsetto "cha cha CHA!"--and Donny sang that part as well!

So now: clean the house for the LUPEC party tomorrow or sleep? It is perfect sleeping weather...

No comments: