Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Warning: Possible Graphic Overshare

My vacation days at work are renewed the month I started there, which is April. I can carry 22 unused sick and vacation days forward into the next cycle. Taking a 3 month maternity leave in 2007 meant I had all 22 days to take forward into 2008-9. Thus, I started with 44 vacation/sick days.

I have a feeling I've already used them up.

When I went to wake up Donovan this morning he had been sick in his sleep. Today was the day that I was going to take him to daycare on the bus and then go into work myself since Mike is currently on a plane coming home from Detroit. By the time I went to wake up the kid I was showered, in work clothes with everything packed and ready to go. One look at the poor bebe and off come the work clothes, on go the hazmat clothes and away we go.

How often can I thank my coworkers for covering my ass before I start to sound like a complete user?

Anyhow, the kid is now asleep in our bed. I just changed the sheets and blankets in his crib. Luckily, his stuffed animals were unscathed as he threw them out of the crib before the deluge. Here's hoping Mike gets home soon: the cupboards are bare and I'm hungry.

Oh. And I missed my husband. Beyond his being the vehicle to fetch my breakfast, it will be good to see him again.

No comments: